Sunfest is a major world music festival presented in July at Victoria Park, London for the past 18 years by the non-profit London Committee for Cross Cultural Arts (LCCCA) The festival is highly successful and is the largest free outdoor festival in Southwestern Ontario.
The LCCCA is seeking a summer student for the HRSDC-funded position of Administrative Assistant to assist in preparations for this year’s festival. This is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in Arts Management.
The main duties of the position include:
• Assisting the Executive Director in managing the Sunfest Office by:
- communicating with the general public and festival participants in person and by telephone and e-mail
- filing, record keeping, copying and faxing
• Assisting the Volunteer Coordinator with registration of volunteers and maintaining a database
• Providing administrative support as needed to prepare for performer and vendor participation, programme book production, festival recycling efforts
The position requires:
• excellent communication skills in person, by telephone and by e-mail
• excellent computer skills in Word, Excel and database management
• excellent organizational skills
• some evening and weekend work
A valid driver’s license would be an asset.
The successful candidate must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or legally entitled to work in Canada, 15-30 years of age, currently enrolled as a full-time secondary or post-secondary student and returning to school in the fall.
Wage: $11.00 per hour / 30 hours per week
Start Date: Tuesday 21st May, 2013 / End Date: Friday 19th July, 2013
Please send a resume with a cover letter addressed to Vimla Harry, Chair, Board of Directors
by e-mail to email@example.com
or by fax to 519-672-6614
or by mail to P.O Box 1063, London, Ont., N6A 5K2
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The application deadline is Friday 10th May, 2013